Saturday, September 23, 2006

Welcome



Well here I am.

Checking and rechecking my to-do and packing lists, I attempt to prepare myself for the next step. After applying about year ago, the day has finally come. I leave this Monday (September 25th, 2006) for Miami. After a broad "Welcome to the Peace Corps" 3-Day Orientation, I catch my next flight to Paraguay for 3 months of training and then 24 months of service.

Hopefully with this online journal (Blog is such a strange word) I can keep everyone up to date on my service. I kept one last summer (Australia/New Zealand) and it ended up being a great place to document my trip and stay connected.

I hope to keep this site interesting and somewhat entertaining so it's worth checking out. With my new digital camera I can post pictures and short movies. I think I'll have my fair share of stories and (bad) jokes to at least make it enjoyable to read. For example, here's a movie I made to help document what my siblings and I are all doing in our lives. This isn't my first movie (http://media.putfile.com/San-Diego-200653), but I think it's a good way to start this journal:



During training you will be able to write me at:

PCT Casey Hudetz
Cuerpo de Paz
162 Chaco Boreal c/Mcal. Lopez
Asuncion 1580, Paraguay
South America

Sorry this message is so brief. I'll put more up when I get the chance.

Thanks for reading.

Casey

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Casey,

I just came across your journal about your adventures in Paraguay. I added a link to your page to a database I collected of Peace Corps Journals and blogs:

Worldwide Peace Corps Blog Directory:
http://www.PeaceCorpsJournals.com/

Thanks for volunteering with the Peace Corps!

-Mike Sheppard
RPCV / The Gambia (’03-’05)
http://www.PeaceCorpsJournals.com/

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Casey said...

Hey Casey!!!!

Sounds good so far...hopefully your fear of having a faceful of bees was been dealt with in orientation!!!
Love Mom

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Casey said...

Ok, OK, Casey DID NOT SAY the last message posted; I pushed the wrong button.

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home